Big ones, small ones, some as big as your head!! Hahaha. I had to throw that in there. Love me some Lion King. Anyway, don't y'all just love coconut??? The smell and taste bring me straight to the tropics! Not only is it delicious but it's also very healthy!! Coconuts are rich in specific fats that have great health benefits.
Coconut water has been known to re-hydrate the body, raise your metabolism, boost your immune system, cleanse your digestive tract, break up kidney stones, fight viruses, cure hangovers, boost thyroid health, eliminate swelling, reduce wrinkles and balance your ph among many other things!! And if you're into Ayurveda, I've read that drinking coconut water can have a calming, stress relieving effect. I came up with 10 different ways for us to use coconut water so we can all benefit from this wonderful fruit!
I know you can find coconut water in health food stores or on the internet but I'm not sure if you will find it at your local grocery store or not. Make sure you get natural coconut water with no added sugars. It's pretty sweet all by itself!
1. Make tea with coconut water instead of plain! I made my decaf Earl Grey with coconut water and it was DELICIOUS!
2. Pour yourself a glass of coconut water with a few drops of lemon juice. A cool, refreshing drink for the summer!
3. Make your regular rice with coconut water instead for a delicious side dish!
4. Freeze the coconut water in an ice cube tray and add to any drink for a taste of yummy coconut.
5. Add a cup of coconut water to your favorite smoothie recipe. I love to add it to strawberries and bananas. The coconut water helps to replenish your body after a workout!
6. Add it to your shampoo and/or conditioner for oily hair. (I haven't tried this yet but I'm definitely going to!)
7. Smooth coconut water over your face and leave on for about 15 minutes before rinsing. It helps to clean, tone and hydrate your skin. I've read about it helping with acne and acne scars too!
8. Mix coconut water and your favorite fruits, freeze and you have yourself a delicious popsicle. :)
9. Soak your feet in a mixture of warm water and coconut water. It hydrates the skin and makes them nice and soft.
10. Soak your fingernails in coconut water before a manicure to soften your cuticles and hydrate any dry skin around them.
There are tons of ways to utilize coconut water! It seems like a miracle liquid! Even celebrities are taking notice of it.
Do you need any more reasons to get yourself some coconut water ASAP?!