If you haven't heard yet, Summer is doing a "brownie" button bake-off!! Of course that was right up my alley so I had to get in on it. If you don't know Summer's story, click here to read it. She has quite a way with words and it will help you better understand the reason for the "brownie" button. It also means a great deal to me so I was even more excited to do this. Click here to read all about the bake-off!
I already baked my brownies and designed them into my idea for a button but I haven't edited the picture into a button yet. I'm not even real sure how to do it but I'm going to figure it out eventually. LOL While I don't want to spoil the game by showing the picture just yet, I figured I'd give y'all the yummy recipe I used so you can join in on the fun!
1 stick of butter, melted
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of iodized salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9" glass pan with cooking spray.
2. Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla extract.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring quickly until completely combined.
4. In a seperate bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt.
5. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and beat until combined.
6. Spread batter into pan.
7. Bake for 23-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and brownies pull away from sides.
8. Cool completely before cutting.
The deadline to enter the bake-off is September 30th so get baking y'all! :)