1 cup of all-purpose flour
3/4 cup of self-rising flour
1 stick of butter at room temperature
1 1/4 cups of sugar
2 large eggs
2 1/2 tablespoons of lime juice
1 tablespoon of lime zest
5 drops of green food coloring
3 drops of yellow food coloring
3/4 cup of buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with 12 paper liners.
2. Whisk both flours together in a medium bowl.
3. Beat butter in a large bowl until smooth. Add sugar and beat until combined.
4. Beat in eggs one at a time.
5. Beat in lime juice, zest and food coloring until combined.
6. Beat in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, starting with flour and ending with flour.
7. Fill each liner evenly with cupcake batter. **Warning! Do not taste this batter. It is amazingly delicious and you will not want to stop eating it. This is bad because it contains raw eggs. Thankfully I haven't gotten sick due to the large amount of raw egg I consumed last night. ;)
8. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Cool on wire rack in pan for 10 minutes.
10. Remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely before frosting.
Isn't this color beautiful???
1/4 cup of coconut milk
2 cups of sifted powdered sugar
zest of one lime
2 tablespoons of shredded coconut
Mix all ingredients together until smooth. Drizzle over competely cooled cupcakes and let dry. I drizzled a couple of times to get a good thick coat on them.
What are your favorite summer flavors???