Root Beer Cupcakes
1 cup of Root Beer soda
1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup of sugar
1/3 cup of canola oil
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 teaspoons of root beer extract
1 1/3 cups of all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
Pinch of salt
1. Stir the Root Beer soda and vinegar together and let it sit for about 2-3 minutes.
2. Add in the sugar and oil, whisking vigorously for a couple of minutes. It should look frothy.
3. Stir in extracts.
4. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together, stirring in about 1/2 cup at a time. Do not overmix!
5. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake at 350 F for 18-20 minutes. (Makes 12 cupcakes)
Vanilla Bean Frosting
1 1/2 cups of confectioner's sugar, sifted
1/2 cup of butter, room temperature
4 teaspoons of vanilla bean paste
1 tablespoon of milk
1. Beat the butter until you get a smooth consistency.
2. Beat in the vanilla bean paste.
3. Beat in 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar at a time.
4. Beat in the milk until all ingredients are completely combined.
Doesn't that look YUM-O!!!!!!! I could have eaten the whole bowl but that wouldn't have been very good for my waist or my cupcakes...but I did find another GREAT use for this frosting!!
Yep! Good ol' Teddy Grahams!!!! I haven't had them in YEARS but when I saw them at the grocery store the other day I had to get a box for old time's sake. They were as delicious as I remembered and even better with the vanilla frosting on them!!! :)
Here's how I brought my friend her birthday cupcake!! Isn't this box adorable? I found them at Hobby Lobby and they work perfectly!!!
So now I need y'alls help!!! I can't decide what cupcakes to make for my friend's Fourth of July party on Sunday!!!!! I was thinking about making a plain buttermilk cupcake but with red, white and blue marbled cake. I can't decide what frosting! Or maybe I can do plain white buttermilk cupcakes and then have fancy frosting...? I want it to be a cupcake everyone would like so that rules out my watermelon or pink lemonade cupcakes I've been wanting to make. What do y'all think??