Happy Monday!!! I know Monday is a hard day for most of us...so I thought, what better way to start the week than with cupcakes!!!
I hadn't made a peanut butter frosting yet so I thought I would try one out. I chose to make it with cream cheese and OH MY GOODNESS...it is sooooo good. It tastes a little bit like peanut butter cheesecake filling and it is amazing!!!!!!!! If you love peanut butter and/or chocolate, you have to try these recipes!! You can even use this peanut butter frosting as a dip. I dipped chocolate chip cookies in it and it was amazing. (I know that I should not be eating like that but I couldn't help it.) I got to thinking that it would be pretty darn amazing if you dipped apples in it!! Or even celery...carrots...strawberries...YUM! I need to make some more of it and try them all out. For testing purposes of course... :)
Buttermilk Dark Chocolate Cupcakes
3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
3/4 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of salt
6 tablespoons of unsweetened dark cocoa powder
6 tablespoons of hot water
3 tablespoons of unsalted butter, room temperature
6 tablespoons of buttermilk
1 large egg
1 large egg white
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a seperate bowl with an electric mixer, combine cocoa and 6 tablespoons of hot water until a thick paste forms.
4. Add butter, buttermilk, egg, and egg white; beat until combined.
5. Whisk in flour mixture until smooth.
6. Fill cupcake liners and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
Peanut Butter Frosting
6 ounces of cream cheese
1 cup of confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup of heavy cream
1. Beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar with a mixer on medium speed.
2. Add salt, mix. Then peanut butter, mix. Then vanilla, mix.
3. In a seperate bowl, whisk cream until soft peaks form, and then fold into peanut butter mixture.
4. Use immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. (Bring to room temperature, and beat on low speed until smooth before using.)