Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Carolina Dreamin' (part two)

Okay so here is outrageous dream number two. Own and operate a cupcake bakery. When I came up with this idea I had never made homemade cupcakes in my life. Come to think of it, I don't think I had ever baked ANYTHING from scratch. Oh...I made chicken and dumplings one time. It may have been the nastiest stuff on the face of the earth. My husband said it was fine as long as he added half of a bottle of salt to it. Hahaha!! Anyway, my cupcake bakery will only serve delicious homemade cupcakes made with the freshest ingredients! Since I am borderline obsessed with cupcakes, I figured I could certainly learn to make them right?! So far I have made 3 batches of homemade cupcakes. The first and second batches turned out amazing but the third was a bit dry. I fully intend to make every cupcake recipe imagineable and come up with my very own signature recipes. It is so exciting and I can't tell you how fun it is to be in the kitchen making cupcakes from scratch even if I make a huge mess and end up eating and spilling more of the batter than I should. I will also tell you that I am currently trying to lose 10 pounds. Having yummy cupcakes on my mind and in my house does NOT make it very easy!

Lately I have been trying to think of other reasons to make cupcakes since opening a cupcake bakery isn't really feasible right now. I have been making them for birthdays and parties but how about charities? I would love to start a charity of some sort "Cupcakes for ______" I don't know...kids? cancer? homeless? I haven't decided yet. I swear my mind just comes up with so many things and I only follow through with about ohhhh 10% of them. I guess you could call me a dreamer. For now, I will just enjoy making unique delicious cupcakes and see where it goes. Check out my next post for my very first batch of cupcakes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment