On to the food!!! Since I've been on my diet plan since January, I've learned a lot about fast food for lunch. As much as I would LOVE to make my lunch every day and have a little homemade salad or sandwich with some homemade hummus dip or baked sweet potato fries...it's just not practical for me. I don't have a lot of time to make that and to be honest, on my lunch break sometimes I'd like to get OUT of the store for an hour rather than eating at my desk. That's where fast food comes in. Fast food isn't ALL that bad. There are good choices, you just have to sift them out!! I'm going to share with you some lunches that I have found to be low fat and/or low calorie that you can pick up quick on your lunch break.
1. Taco Bell - Fresco Chicken Burrito Supreme - This burrito is soooo good and it's very filling! It only has 340 calories and 8 grams of fat. Easy lunch on the go!
Photo from tacobell.com
2. Panera Bread - You Pick Two (Half Sierra Turkey Sandwich and Half Classic Cafe Salad) - On the sandwich, you can substitute the chipotle mayo for spicy brown mustard and save 155 calories!!! Also, substitute the Foccacia bread for Whole Grain White bread and save 170 calories! This puts your sandwich at only 170 calories. With the reduced fat balsamic vinaigrette, your salad only has 80 calories making your whole lunch come to only 250 calories and 9 grams of fat!
Photo from panera-easttennesse.com
3. Wendy's - Grilled Chicken Go Wrap and a Side Salad - On the Go Wrap, order it without cheese to save 35 calories. For the salad, order the fat free french dressing which only has 70 calories in it. This meal will have a total of 320 calories and 7 grams of fat. The Go Wrap has a honey mustard sauce on it and it is so delicious!!
Photo from wendys.com
4. Chick-fil-A - Grilled Chicken Sandwich and Medium Fruit Cup - This is probably my favorite go to meal. I even eat it for dinner sometimes. It is so yummy!! The sandwich has 300 calories and 3.5 grams of fat. The fruit cup has 70 calories and 0 grams of fat. This puts your meal at 370 calories and 3.5 grams of fat. Healthy AND delicious!!
Photo from eduinreview.com
5. Subway - 6" Roast Beef Sandwich with Apple Slices - With wheat bread, lettuce, tomato, onions, green peppers and mustard, the sandwich has 315 calories and 4.5 grams of fat. The apples have 35 calories and 0 grams of fat. This meal is very filling and comes to only 350 calories and 4.5 grams of fat. Yum!! Just try not to look at those heavenly peanut butter cookies while standing in line. I could eat 15 of them...
Photo from cookinglight.com
These are just a few of my favorite lunches but there are so many more healthy choices and different combinations out there. Just go to your favorite restaurant's website and figure out a healthy meal for yourself before you go and it will help you to eat the right things. I hope this helps y'all to start eating better and getting in shape for summer!! What are some things y'all are doing to get in shape??