Monday, November 8, 2010

Strengthen your mind!




Do you sometimes wonder if you're "losing it"? I know I do more often than not. It's happening much quicker than I expected!! LOL Doctors say that in most cases mindless hours in front of the television, avoiding intellectual stimulation and exertion, result  in the shrinking of our mind's capacity, including our memory.







When you let your mind "veg" and don't stretch it with thoughtful reading, rational thinking, intelligent analysis and conversation, it loses plasticity and becomes old at any age. On the other hand, if you challenge your mind regularly, your brain gets younger as you get older.



God promises that if you meditate on His word daily you'll become "like a tree planted by streams of water...which yields it's fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." (Ps 1:3) Don't let your mind "wither", exercise and strengthen it by studying the Scriptures!  





7 comments:

  1. Seriously, an eye-opening post! I love everything you've said here, it is so important that we don't waste away in front of our computers, cell phones, and TV sets. With all of this technology it becomes harder to resist! I'm definitely going to try to be more scholarly and philosophic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worry all the time that I'm finally losing it. I try to at least read or do something productive each day so I don't just veg into nothingness. Thanks for the reminder dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! it supports my theory on living a simple life!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips! I need to remember this because I need to keep my mind fresh.

    xo M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always a good reminder! Hope your life is slowing down a bit, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this! Thank you for the reminder and great words here. So true!
    Have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. GUILTY!!! Ugh, and here I sit:)

    I seriously could go back to the days of 3 channels of b/w tv and landline phones & going to the "market" on a horse!

    (although I love my iphone, BMW & dish, lol)

    Def. time wasters/suckers for sure!!

    ReplyDelete